- Event name: Oasis Marathon & ½ Marathon de Montréal, part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series
- Date/time: Sunday, September 22, 2013
- Marathon & Half marathon: 8:30 am
- 10 KM: departure at 8:40 am
- The 5 km Sports Experts: 8:40 am
- 1 KM Kids Marathon: departure
- Provincial champions - 8: 25 am
- 11 years - 8: 30
- 10 years - 8: 35
- 9 years - 8: 40
- 8 years - 8: 45
- 7 years - 8: 50
- 6 years - 8: 55
- 5 years - 9 h
- 4 years - 9: 05
- 3 years - 9: 10
- Start Locations: Please note, the races start at different locations.
- Marathon & half marathon: Jacques-Cartier Bridge
- 10 KM: Laurier Park
- The 5 km Sports Experts: Marie-Victorin park (Corner Rachel/Pie-IX)
- 1 KM Kids Marathon: La Fontaine park (Corner Roy/du Parc La Fontaine)
- Finish Line: All races finish at Parc La Fontaine.
List of events
- Half Marathon
- The time limit to complete the marathon is 6 hours and 3:45 for the half marathon. You must complete the course within the established time limits for your safety as roads will be re-opening.
- 10 KM
- The 5 km Sports Experts
- 1 KM Kids Marathon
- On Course Entertainment
- Participant T-Shirt
- Finisher Medals
- Finish Line Festival
- Water Stations
- Post Race Concert
Time limit to complete the marathon and half marathon:
The time limit to complete the marathon is 6 hours and 3:45 for the half marathon. You must complete the course within the established time limits for your safety as roads will be re-opening.
CONFIRMATION SHEETS – Number Pick Up
Bring your confirmation sheet and a photo ID to the Expo to pick up your race number. The confirmation sheet includes your race number and start corral. If you need to change your corral, proceed to the Corral Change Table located in the packet pick-up area after you have picked up your number. There are no corral changes on race morning. When you receive your race number at the Expo, be sure to complete the Medical Information on the back.
Help your friends and family at the Expo
You can pick up your friend/family member’s race packet at the Expo. The procedure will work as follows:
- You can pick up your packet and another packet for a friend or family member at no extra cost.
- You must have a copy of the photo ID, signed confirmation sheet and permission letter for the person whose packet you are getting.
- There is no additional cost associated with this.
Read the below carefully on how to get to the start and finish lines. For those using the Metro to get to the different starts lines, be sure to plan ahead and get there early! Purchase your ticket the day before for 3$ CAD for a one-way pass and 6$CAD for the day-pass.
Marathon/half marathon – 8:30 am
- Location: Pont Jacques-Cartier (Jacques-Cartier Bridge)
- To get to the start line, take the metro and exit the Jean-Drapeau station (yellow line).
- Upon exiting the station, signage will guide you towards Chemin tour de l’île. Look for the yellow buses to guide you to Gear Check
- Once you pass Gear Check and follow the road and walk up to the Jacques-Cartier Bridge to the start line.
10 KM - 8: 40 am
- Location: Parc Laurier (corner Laurier/Brébeuf)
- Take the metro and exit at Laurier station.
- Once in Laurier station, you have the choice of walking (7 minutes) or take the bus # 47 or # 27 to the intersection of Laurier and Bréboeuf.
( If you walk: walk eastbound on Laurier street, you will cross Berri, Resther, St-Huber streets to Laurier Street). The park is on Laurier street, about 4-5 intersections from the Laurier metro station.
The 5 km Sports Experts – 8:40 am
- Location: parc Marie-Victorin (Intersection Rachel/Pie-IX)
- Take the metro and exit at Pie - IX station
- You can then choose to walk (2 minutes) or take the bus # 185 or # 139 to the Rachel/Pie-IX intersection
(If you walk: walk northbound on Pie-IX street, up the hill is Sherbrooke street, and Rachel is the next intersection).
1 KM Kids Marathon – 8:30 am
- Location: parc La Fontaine (Corner of Roy/du Parc La Fontaine)
- Take the metro and exit at the Sherbrooke station.
- You can then walk (12 minutes) or take the bus # 24 or # 45 to the intersection of Roy and La Fontaine Park.
If you walk: walk northbound on Berri street, you will cross Cherrier street, Bousquet Street and the next corner is Roy. Turn right on Roy and walk until you reach Parc La Fontaine Avenue (you will cross St-Hubert, St-Christophe, St-André, de Mentana and then it will be Parc La Fontaine Avenue).
Lline of arrival of all races at the Park the fountain.
- Location: Parc La Fontaine (rue Calixa-Lavallée of the northern section of the Park)
- Take the metro and exit at the Sherbrooke station. The Finish is located approximately 1.5 km from the metro. Walk north along rue Berri, turn right onto Cherrier and walk East until you come to the parc La Fontaine avenue. Turn to the left and to the right on Rachel or go through the Park! The site of arrival is at the north end of Calixa Lavalee Street which enters the park via the rue Rachel.
Wave Start / Corrals
Marathon Oasis & ½ Marathon de Montreal will participate in a wave start. This will enable a comfortable starting position for runners and walkers of all paces. When the gun fires, the first corral will be released. The rest of the participants will be held at the start line. At pre-determined intervals (every 1- 2 minutes), the next corral will be released. By using this staggered starting method, the pack will be spread out and allow every runner to settle into their racing rhythm from their first step to the finish line. This will allow sufficient room along the course and at the finish line without affecting individuals’ time or the time participants have to complete the race.
You are assigned a race number and corresponding corral based on your projected finish time – the faster your time, the closer your corral will be to the start. Please note, your corral number is indicated by the number before you rrace number. Runners can enter the corrals at the following time:
o Marathon/half – 7 am
o 10 km / 5 km – 7:30 am
The swag bag that you pick up at the Expo also doubles as your gear bag. On race morning, please affix your gear check tag (attached to your race number) to your gear bag before you leave it at Gear Check. The trucks will be labeled according to the first two couple letters of your LAST NAME. Please note, there is no Gear Check for the 1km.
• A long row of school buses will be arranged alphabetically and by truck number. After the race, retrieve your bag at the Gear Check Pick Up located outside the finish Secure Zones. All bags must be claimed by 3 pm. Please DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Gear Check will be open at the Start Village from:
- Opens at 6:45 am
- Location: Parking lot of the Stewart Museum, 20 chemin Tour-de-l'Isle, Montreal, QC H3C 0 K 7
- 10 KM
- Opens at 7: 00 am
- Location: corner of Laurier street and Brébeuf
- 5 KM
- Opens at 7: 00 am
- Location: Corner of Pie-IX Street (west side) and Sherbrooke Street
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of medical professionals available to help you. Medical stations will be located at the start, every few miles along the course, and at the finish. Look for large tents and medical volunteers wearing a grey uniform. In order to help our medical team help you, it is critical that you fill out the medical history information on the back of your race number.
FESTIVAL AT THE SITE OF ARRIVAL
The fountain is the place of arrival of all events. When you finish your race, you'll be directed in a secure area - a fenced area reserved for participants in the race. This is your picture will be taken and you will find the water and sports drinks Oasis, post-race refreshments and this is also that will present you your medal.
Note: If you exit the secure area, you will not be able to return. Leaving this area, go to the Gear Check to retrieve personal belongings, and then join your friends and family to attend the extravaganza!
THE REUNION AREA
After the race, go to the area of the reunion to join your friends and family and enjoy the music and refreshments provided. (All participants aged 18 years or more are entitled to a beer Michelob Ultra freeon presentation of an identity document valid). Michelob beer will also be available. The reunion area is located in the northern section of the Park fountain, near the tennis courts and baseball field, avenue EMILE-DUPLOYÉ. in this area of reunion of large posters bearing the letters of the alphabet will be installed to facilitate the reunion. Choose a letter and tell your friends and family so that they know the rallying point.
CELEBRATE WITH MICH ULTRA
Upon arrival, every participant aged 18 or more is invited to quench a graciously savouring Michelob Ultra beer. Important note: you must present a photo identification. Get ahead and have your identification with photo on you.
General classification - Male & female
1 st$ 10,000
5th $ 500
"Master" - male & female
1st Man mid-term $ 500
1st Woman mid-term $ 500
|Age division Half Marathon||Age division Marathon|
|12 - 14||18-24|
|15 - 17||25-29|
|18 - 24||30-34|
|25 - 29||35-39|
|30 - 34||40-44|
|35 - 39||45-49|
|40 - 44||50-54|
|45 - 49||55-59|
|50 - 54||60-64|
|55 - 59||65-69|
|60 - 64|
|65 - 69|
1st, 2nd, 3rd man
1st, 2nd, 3rd woman
5 km Sports Experts
1st, 2nd, 3rd man
1st, 2nd, 3rd woman
To change your race distance (i.e. 5K to 10K, 10K to Half Marathon, Half Marathon to Full Marathon) simply email this request along with your first name, last name and mailing address registered with, and your new predicted finish time to Customer Service. The early upgrade fee is $10 plus the cost difference between the current distance and the distance you would like to switch to at the time of the original registration (processing fee is not used in calculating price difference). The last day to make changes is July 15th, 2013 or sell out. After this date, changes will be available at the expo.
For information in French: 450-679-4928
Set as default language